Dec. 3 city center concentrated on chancellor search
The UC Santa Cruz Chancellor’s Search Advisory Committee invites and encourages faculty, staff, and students to attend town hall sessions at the Stevenson College Event Center on Monday, Dec. 3.
- The session for faculty is at 10 a.m.
- The session for staff is at noon
- The session for undergraduate and graduate students is at 2 p.m.
The event is an opportunity for you to offer your feedback on the selection of a new chancellor to members of the search committee.
These sessions will focus on the important opportunities and challenges that will face the new chancellor. Please review the questions below to help us think about the future of UC Santa Cruz and the ways in which we can tangibly measure the success of the new chancellor:
- In hiring this person, what will be the fundamental differences in UC Santa Cruz one year from now, three years from now, and five years from now?
- Are there subjective or informal measures for determining the success of this individual?
- What organizational activities need to be sustained? Which ones enhanced? Which ones initiated?
After hearing from you and other campus stakeholders, the search advisory committee will synthesize what it has learned into a position profile. It will provide a compelling description of UC Santa Cruz, its history, mission, and competitive environment, as well as a realistic and enticing picture of the challenges, measures of success, and ideal qualifications for the new chancellor. Once completed, the document will be posted on the chancellor search website and shared broadly with prospective candidates and key sources.
If you are unable to join the meeting in person, the session will be live-streamed. Details will be posted on the chancellor search website soon. I encourage you to share your thoughts via the online chat box and also via an online survey. Comments submitted via the survey will be shared with the committee. The form allows for anonymous submissions.
If you are unable to attend the meeting or to view the live-stream, please visit the chancellor search website. There, you can provide feedback to the committee at any time or even nominate candidates for chancellor.
Thank you for your participation in this important effort. Your input is valued and appreciated.